One of the most common and facilitated ways to obtain a residence permit in Spain is the “investor” visa or as it is also called the Golden Visa.
It opens many doors and privileges for its owner. In order to obtain a Golden Visa, you need to invest at least 500 thousand euros in the Spanish economy.
What is a golden visa and how to get it?
Golden Visa is a special program for obtaining residence permit status for citizens of countries outside the European Union who wish to reside in Spain.
Spain provides a residence permit for investing in the country's economy. There are several ways to invest:
1. You can buy real estate for a minimum amount of 500,000 euros. It can be one object or several different ones. It also doesn't matter what type of property you buy: it can be a commercial property, a villa, an apartment or a piece of land.
2. Open and / or top up an account in a Spanish bank for 1,000,000 euros. Most importantly, the amount must remain in the account for the entire duration of the golden visa.
3. Purchase shares of Spanish state-owned companies in the amount of 1 million euros.
4. Purchase Spanish government bonds worth 2 million euros. The money must be contributed by one person and for a duration of 5 years.
5. To present to the authorities of the Kingdom of Spain his own project, which may be considered useful for the country. Especially if the project involves the creation of new jobs. The use of the latest technologies and the development of special industries in remote regions of the country are also encouraged.
What are the benefits of a golden visa?
An investor visa in Spain has a number of advantages over other visa programs:
Most importantly, the visa does not limit your stay in Spain, you do not need to stay in the country for more than 183 days a year, you can stay all the time for 365 days or enter once a year for one day.
It allows you to legally stay and reside in the country, while retaining the right to work.
With the Spanish Golden Visa, you can travel unrestrictedly in all countries of the European Union.
Also, a residence permit is granted to family members of the investor: spouses, children and elderly parents.
You do not need to be in Spain to apply for an investor visa. You can prepare all documents and submit them at the Spanish consulate of your country.
Documents required for applying for a golden visa
After your investment in the Spanish economy of the required amount, you can apply for a visa. To do this, you need to prepare a package of documents, which includes:
Documents confirming the fact of investment. For example a contract for the purchase and sale of real estate.
Two completed visa application forms.
Passport in original and its copy. Moreover, the term of the passport must be more than 1 year from the date of application for a visa.
Identity card and copy.
Color photographs 35 * 45 mm.
Certificate of no criminal record with a notarized translation.
Spanish health insurance for one year
Proof of financial solvency for residence in Spain, in other words a bank statement.
Receipt for payment of the consular fee.
After submitting all the documents, it may take 20 days to receive a decision from the Spanish authorities, as a result of which a positive decision to issue a golden visa or a refusal to grant it is issued.
When contacting InvestHome, you can count on assistance in preparing and processing the necessary documents for obtaining a golden visa. Our team has specialists who are ready not only to help with the selection and purchase of suitable real estate and, at the same time, in obtaining a residence permit.
InvestHome is a luxury real estate developer on the stunning Costa del Sol, with over 20 years of experience and an amazing portfolio. Our customer service managers will be able to select the right property for you in Marbella, Benahavis, etc. And give full information on any issue that interests you.